Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Cage Sit

It's over! It's over! Olivia and I (Aubrey) sat in a 5x5 cage for 24 hours! Thank you for spreading the word and helping us raise money for Hunter!! We have $100 in off-line pledges that we will add to the blog. Thank you everyone from UPS Elkhart for donating, and thank you everyone from Konica Minolta at Innovation Park for donating!!
About the cage sit:

We understand so much more about what the chimps are going through. We started going crazy about the 7 hour point, until we had some human contact when my mom stopped by. To think that chimps spend their entire lives in cages is unbelievable. The 1.3% difference is enough to ruin their lives FOREVER. GET CHIMPS OUT OF LABS. After doing this, we realize that chimps have it worse than we had ever imagined. This was an amazing experience.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has donated to us, or spread the word.

Your Chimp Lovers,

Aubrey and Olivia

3 comments:

  1. hi, seven hours is a long time before your mom came at least you guys were together. most chimps are all alone. you guys did great and now more people will learn what the chimps go through!!!!!
    pant hoot!!!!!
    brandon (:(|)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Brandon!!! If I was alone I honestly would have gone crazy. No lie. I get why the chimps rock back and forth insanely. Thank you!!! I was sooooo sick of fruits and veggies. I never want to see another carrot in my LIFE!!! I went out to breakfast today though, so I'm recovering :)

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete