Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh well...

We want to do fleece nesting blankets for the New Mexico chimps since we are trying to migrate Hunter.
I went to the fabric store today with Aubrey. As soon as we walked in, the lady goes,"What are you selling?" we said we were just wondering about donations, explained about STC and asked if she would donate some fleece. She said "No! Not now! It's prime time for selling fleece!" We thanked her and walked out. :( I was really bummed. Well, we will have to come back during summer when it isn't "prime time." I guess a lot of people aren't as sad for the chimps as the rest of us are. We'll just have to keep asking around :( Oh well...

Your Chimp Lover,

Olivia :/

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged. There are people out there who care, you'll get to them eventually. Just think, even if they didn't donate any fleece, you may have helped raise their awareness just a little bit!!! Keep up the good work, I think you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica :) I know there are people who care. It'll just take a while to get to them. And you're right. I guess at least she knows about the chimps, now. And maybe this summer she'll practically beg us to take her extra fleece when no one wants it :). I emailed the Shop Local people to see if any locally owned businesses would donate to the fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete